Getting your property ready for professional real estate photos can truly make all the difference. Not only does it enhance the quality of the photos but it also increases online views of the listing as it allows buyers to focus on the features of the home. From our experience photographing real estate, we’ve compiled the best 15 tips to prepare a home for professional real estate photos.
1. Remove all vehicles from driveway and front of property along with any items that stand out. Curb appeal is so important!
2. Have the lawn mowed, leaved rakes and bushes trimmed. If you are feeling a little ambitious, plant some fresh flowers in empty planters and pots.
3. Make sure all garbage cans, water hoses, garden tools etc. are put away.
4. Be sure to check all lights are working and there are no missing light bulbs. You also want to make sure that light bulbs match in color temperature.
5. Remove any clutter inside the home and put away toys, clothing, dishes, towels etc. You really want potential buyers to focus on the features of your home and not your belongings.
6. Hide personal items such as personal photos and anything you don’t want the world to see. We do recommend removing family portraits from wall and replacing it with neutral art.
7. Make the beds and neatly arrange all pillows.
8. The countertops in the bathrooms and kitchen should be as clean and cleared as possible. That means no toothbrushes in the sink.
9. Make sure the kitchen sink is empty and all dishes are put way.
10. Make sure all bathroom mirrors are clean with no streaks.
11. Hide trash cans. Even nice stainless steel ones can be obstructing so it is best to put them away in a closet or garage.
12. Remove any decorations, notes or magnets that are on the fridge.
13. Remove any pet beds, water/food bowls, toys etc.
14. Put all toilet seats and lids down.
15. Before the photographer arrives, turn on all lights, turn off all fans and open all blinds in rooms to be photographed. Also, please make sure all pets are are caged or away during the photo shoot.